Flower City is committed to providing the safest possible environment. A COVID screening form will be sent via email to all participants the morning of the conference; this must be completed before attending. While on the worksite, volunteers are required to wear a mask at all times and practice social distancing.
If you develop COVID symptoms, come into contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID within 14 days of the worksite date, or travel out of state (states adjacent to NY do not count) for more than 24 hours you will not be able to attend.
FC Weekend Edition COVID Fact Sheet
No Participation in the Weekend Edition When Appropriate
- Prepare guidelines that outline criteria for not participating.
- People should not participate if they have tested positive, are awaiting test results, or are showing COVID-19 symptoms.
- People who have recently had close contact with a person with COVID-19 within the last 14 days, should not participate.
- People who have traveled out of state for more than 24 hours should not participate. (Note: Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Connecticut, Vermont, and Massachusetts are excluded from the travel advisory.)
Hand Hygiene and Respiratory Etiquette
- Encourage handwashing with soap and water throughout the conference.
- If soap and water are not readily available, hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol will be provided.
- Encourage people to cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue.
Masks and Social Distancing
- Masks must be worn during the worksite day.
- Working arrangements are to be socially distanced.
Cleaning and Disinfection
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
- Discourage sharing of items that are difficult to clean, sanitize, or disinfect.
Food Service / Lunch
- Eat-in separate areas or with a smaller group.
- Use disposable food service items (utensils, dishes).
Designated COVID-19 Point of Contact
- Designate a staff person responsible for responding to COVID-19 concerns.
- A COVID screening form will be sent to all participants (students and adults) the day before the day of the worksite event. This must be completed before anyone can enter the worksite. If you answer yes to any of the questions you cannot attend. Thanks for helping us keep Weekend Edition Worksite safe!
Isolate and Remove Those Who are Sick
- Immediately separate anyone who shows signs of COVID-19 symptoms (such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath) at the worksite.
- If a volunteer becomes sick and needs to be removed from the worksite.
This fact sheet is based on current guidelines. If the state or CDC guidelines change, then this fact sheet may be modified.